Sunday, December 12, 2021

Affects of Technology on Life

The ever forerunning inventions of new technology leads the way to the future. Technology already controls most life today, almost everyone has a cell phone and uses social media. Before the invention of social media and cellular phones, how was life different and how has their inclusion now affected daily life for people. If you look at life before cell phones, there was something else taking up peoples times, television. There has always been some kind of technology that has changed the way people have lived and it has seen as a bad thing with how much time people are putting into it and now is no different. 

Personally, I have relatively average relationship with technology, I do think that I am on some form of it a lot, but I do not think it has a massive affect on my life. I still enjoying going out to do things with my friends and family that is not online and most of the time, I am conscious of the amount of time I am spending on technology. I use things like my phone and computer mostly for work or entertainment but I do find a lot of information on these things. I enjoy looking at instagram and I see a lot there, I normally don't have an issue with finding out if something is true or not because of the accounts that I look at are normally very trustworthy. If I do happen across a thing of news that seems weird or possibly untrue, I can normally look into the comments of the post to see reactions from other or if I don't want to do that, I can find posts from other accounts to verify the truth. 
In regards to social media, I know that what I put out online is extremely important and I am very careful about what I put out, what I say and who I interact with. This isn't only because I know that my informations could be taken, but I know that at my age, I am probably most vulnerable to post something on social media that affects my future. This is especially important because businesses are now looking into social medias as a way to see what their applicants are really like. An article by Business News Daily goes into more detail about how companies look you up on all different social medias to see who you know, what you post and all different things about a person. I know right now, this does not affect me because my social medias are pretty clean, I only post about once a year on my instagram, don't use my Facebook or Twitter and most of my information is lacking on those sites. 
Overall, I think I understand the power of social media, and the power it has on my image and how it can affect my future. I keep my information relatively private on social media as well as make sure that I retain a clean and proper image of myself to show to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affects of Technology on Life

The ever forerunning inventions of new technology leads the way to the future. Technology already controls most life today, almost everyone ...